Security & Customer Service Officer - Queensgate Shopping Centre, Peterborough
This role is being advertised by Savills Management Resources (SMR) a wholly owned entity of Savills (UK) Limited but a separate employing entity which is not accredited by Real Living Wage Foundation.
Purpose of the Role
The Security and Customer Service Officers are responsible for following all client, site and company policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of the Queensgate Shopping Centre, Peterborough. This position is customer facing and frontline and therefore requires the relevant license to fulfil the overall requirements. Customer Service is integral and necessary within the retail sector; therefore, all staff are expected to be upstanding brand ambassadors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide and uphold an excellent level of customer service to site staff and all visitors
• Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all site staff, visitors, assets and the premises
• Adhere to all set policies and procedures by Savills, the end client and Queensgate Shopping Centre
• To Comply with all relevant government regulations
• Remain punctual, presentable and supportive of all company and site initiatives and innovations
· Support and assist the Mall Supervisor and senior Management and by extension the Operations Team.
· To liaise with the Customer as mediator in regard to all aspects of the contract.
· To liaise with local police, residents, authorities, and neighbouring businesses, to ensure the most effective security measures are adopted in accordance with relevant/up-to-date information.
· Investigate and resolve customer complaints patiently in a timely manner and provide any necessary assistance where requested or required
· Work as a team to ensure the set level of customer service excellence, by the end client and Queensgate management, is always upheld
· To cultivate and retain an effective, efficient and resourceful relationship with all site key stakeholders as part of overall customer service ambassador duties
· To ensure any and all identified hazards, risks and/or maintenance issues are immediately escalated to line management to achieve rapid resolve
· To abide by all set ‘Assignment Instructions’, ‘Site Operation Procedures’ Policies and Procedures, Queensgate Shopping Centre Policies and Procedures and end-client policies and procedures
· To escalate and attain necessary information as and when required should you not be familiar with a specific instruction, policy, procedure and/or any set instructions and duties
· To ensure set site patrols are completed as and when instructed to, or required, and ensure relevant escalation processes and or policies tied to this instruction are stringently followed
· Assist and support your designated line management and team members, always, to achieve set security standards on site
· To attend all set meetings by line managers, as and when required.
· To attend all training and development courses, seminars, and meetings, as and when required.
Continuous Improvement and Quality
· To advise, assist and escalate any identified improvements, innovations and initiatives believed to support Savills, Queensgate and the end client with continuous quality assurance and overall improvement
· To read, digest and understand all site relevant policies and procedures shared by site management
· To follow all other reasonable management and client requests as and when raised.
· To internally escalate any and all concerns relating to section d(i) to maintain a healthy relationship between employee and employer at all times
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Must have a valid SIA Door Supervision license.
· Not essential but an advantage to hold a valid SIA CCTV license
· Knowledge of emergency incident responsiveness
· Experience in retail shopping centre environment
· Experience in dealing with Clients and senior management personnel
· Experience in liaising with local authorities i.e., police, fire and ambulance services
1 X Night Shifts
1 X Days Shifts
To find out more about Savills benefits please click here
Use of Personal Data
Savills will use your personal data to evaluate and respond to your application. This may result in us processing personal data which is classified as “special” under data protection legislation. Where this is the case, our basis for processing special category personal data is that it is in the public interest for us to ensure meaningful equal opportunity and diversity monitoring and reporting. For more information on how Savills uses personal data and your rights in respect of your data, please visit our Privacy Notice on our website www.savills.co.uk
At Savills, our best asset is our people. We support, develop and challenge all of our people to become the best that they can be, by being themselves and adding their own unique DNA to our exceptional culture. We believe that whoever you are, wherever you come from, you can prosper and fulfil your potential at Savills.
Savills is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce.
Please read more about our approach to Diversity & Inclusion here
This Vacancy is closed to applications.
Find us on social